Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The view from my stable

After the morning in our stables with some haylage, we went in the school at about 11.30. We worked on homework from our last lesson: walk, halt transitions, trot and canter with some lateral work and shoulder fore. Dad concentrated on loosening my neck and then my jaw so I was softer and in a better outline.

Dibby joined us in the school and we walked and trotted around together - racing a little as usual -and then separated again for some canter. We finished walking around together on a long rein - and looking into the new mirrors at the top end of the school .

We went out to graze at 1.00 and came in at 4.30 for grooming and tea. Dad sat with me in my stable for a while after tea whilst I ate my haylage. The noises in a busy yard in the early evening are not unlike a hospital ward and quite wearing for more sensitive horses who need time to relax in the field or stable. Dad tries to understand these things. Cobs enjoy watching some activity, but like some peace too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home