Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, March 22, 2007

In the swing


After a few days off, I was taken back in the school this morning. Dibby was allowed an extra day after his treatment and stayed in his stable with some haylage whilst I was in the school.

We tried to build on my last lesson with Liz and warmed up in walk and went up into trot a little earlier than previously. We practiced transitions and lateral work and also cantered on both reins. It was one of those breezy March mornings with lots of distractions from other horses in the surrounding fields. My concentration wasn't perfect, but I behaved well, which pleased Dad.

By the end of the session my hind legs were reasonably well under me and I had softened in response to some flexions and Dad was happy to warm down on a long rein and walk round in front of the mirrors.

We came in to be rugged up and put out to graze between noon and 4.00. Cobs like to be back in the swing of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home