Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Keep calm and carry on..


It rained heavily overnight and first thing this morning. Dad came at nine and took me in the school when the rain had paused at 9.45 or so.

Our schooling session was quite eventful. First a large JCB with big trimmers came to cut the hedge line along the track. This was loud and managed to set most of the horses in the nearby fields running around, which I found fascinating.

We stood it for a while but went in after ten minutes and came out again when the machine had moved on and things had quietened down.

We then did some good relaxing and stretching work and I walked on the bit on both reins. Two large dogs of a visiting farrier and some yard dogs then decided to run around me. I forgot myself for a minute and took off . Fortunately when they ran away I calmed down and Dad hadn't fallen off. After Dad had exhausted his vocabulary of Anglo Saxon we carried on regardless - like it says in the poster Keep calm and carry on.

It took a while to get back to where we were and I never did get quite as soft or at all relaxed. I did some disciplined trot with walk and halt transitions and finished with some stretching.

At this point we called it a day and I went out to graze for the rest of the day. Cobs have always been firm believers in keeping calm and carrying on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home