Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lessons




After I had completed the first course of Ventapulmin, my cough returned in canter and Dad consulted Rob the vet and arranged for another prescription. I have now been on a shavings bed and receiving soaked hay instead of haylage for over a week and am slowly improving.

Dibby took part in the group lesson with Tod, Meg, Mary, Patch and Ev's mare on Monday night. Dad didn't think I was ready to join in with my respiratory problem and the tribulations of cantering around half the arena with five others at the same time. So we schooled at the other end of the arena and came in about half way throught their session - which saddened me a little, since I like to join in. Still I was groomed and given an apple and minties which was some recompence.

We schooled again gently on Tuesday and this morning had our second private lesson from Andy whilst Mary and Meg had their lessons at the other end of the arena. Andy rode me to begin going over what we had learned at our first lesson and concentrating on roundness. Andy said Dad had to be more assertive towards me....the very idea.

Dad then mounted and was lunged in walk and trot for a while. We reinforced the things we covered last time: straight back, head up , look around circle or in direction of travel, hands forward, lower leg on and knee off, alternate squeezes on leg in walk, not too much movement in leg, halt transitions using voice and not pulling back with hands, walking off- leg on and hands forward, turning thorax inwards on circle, hands still and on wither, lower back and seat deep and leg lower with heels down

After lunging in walk and trot we practised canter and Dad learned not to lift his hands and keep his legs still. Andy thought we had progressed since our last lesson and set home-work to practice he things we covered.

We came in to be groomed and given an apple and minties before joining Dibby out in the field for the afternoon. When we came in I was quite tired and think Dad will give us the day off tomorrow; cobs know these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home