Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Holiday Monday


Another fine spring day. Other Dad came down early and made sure our haynets were full. Dibby ate all of his quickly, but I wanted to watch what was going on. Dad came down mid-morning and tacked me up - back in my pelham again.

After warming up in the school, Auntie Sue - my friend Syd's mum - came to ride me. She didn't wear a hat, which - despite being a very reliable cob - worries me. Anyway , it was alright and we didn't have any mishaps. She did walk and trot and was gentle, so that was alright. When she got off, I heard her say to Dad that I was much softer and more flexible than before....which I think is good.

Actually, from my point of view, the conversation went "Yada..yada..yada..David..yada..softer and more round..yada...flexible..yada..David...cobby sort...yada..David...minties", so you have to admit I didn't do too badly in understanding really.

After Auntie Sue rode, Dad remounted and "put me through my paces" including a very jolly gallop down the long side. We then did some quiet work for a little while and went in for an apple and mints.

I was then put out in the field with Cricket and Leo until Dibby came back from his hack. Leo was out without a rug which looked comfortable in the sunshine. Dibbs and I look forward to going out without a rug soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home