Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Friday, February 23, 2007

Improvement

The weather was mixed today with some rain. We were put out to graze at 11.15 and brought in at 3.00. Once Dad had prepared our stables, Dibby was put in his stable rug in his stable and Dad tacked me up.

We went in the school at about 4.30 and schooled in walk, trot and canter with some lateral work and lots of walk-halt transitions. Dad was very pleased with me today. My neck softened reletively quickly and my jaw didn't set gainst the hand very much . My rear legs were moving under me much better and my trot was more forward-going and much improved. Dad was very satisfied and rewarded me with some minties as we went in before it grew dark.

We were both given tea with extra apples and carrots. Dad will be delighted if we can sustain today's improvement, but has learned to enjoy the better performances on the day. Cobs teach you such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home