Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rarely forget

After the day out in the field, Dad took me in the school at about 4.00. for forty five minutes
We worked at one end of the arena and Rosa at the other. We spent a long time in walk working on straightness and then softening with flexing and some shoulder-in and leg-yield. I was still inattentive and quite stiff, particularly on the right rein and kept falling in. We went up into trot both ways stepping out and generally blowing away the cob webs with some flexions.
We added lots of transitions down to walk and then back up to trot again and this helped me soften and go on the bit. Dad was pleased with my obedience. We then returned to walk and I put in some good soft and round steps on both reins before we finished.

We came in for grooming and tea. It's been some weeks since we schooled consistently. Fortunately cobs rarely forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home