Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Call-out





Milder today. When Dad brought me in at four he had intended to ride in the school. Unfortunately he could see I was in discomfort with a swollen sheath and periodically kicking myself underneath.
He rang the vets and Elspeth soon called. After checking temperature, pulse and respiration she examined me.

Some relaxant was injected which enabled a thorough cleaning followed by an injection of a large dose of antibiotics to help cure the extra infection and swelling which had set in when I had kicked myself. I will be pleased when the itchiness and pain dies down. We have five or so days of antibiotics and the vets will be visiting again after the weekend.

Dad was grateful that the examination and treatment took place so quickly and hopes we will now cure the underlying and superficial infections and resolve the problem. I was glad when it was over and I could have my tea. Dad was pleased I was so well-behaved and amenable to being handled, but says he now expects it from a senior cob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home