Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Friday, May 07, 2010

Hand-fed


After my resumed bout of kicking myself, Dad gave me doses of Danilon and anti-biotics in my breakfast and tea. I was still swollen with lacerations on both sides. He also cleaned the surface of my sheath and applied Sudacrem in an effort to soothe the irritation and create a barrier to reduce further infection.

I was too uncomfortable to be ridden, but was put out to graze.

I didn't eat my food which tasted peculiar until Dad picked up my feed bowl and held it under my nose. We did this last night and Dad came early this morning to give me my breakfast and hold the bowl again to make sure I ate it. I still kicked once or twice but concentrated on the grass when we went out. Strangely, even senior cobs quite enjoy being fed like a foal sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home