Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Frustrating


My swollen sheath had improved somewhat this morning and Dad took me in the school at about ten. I was quite stiff and stuffy about going forward and Dad didn't push it too much at first until I settled down. We worked in straight lines and a largish circle on both reins with halt transitions. After a tentative and irritable start - when I kept wanting to take the rein down, stop and scratch my left leg - I concentrated and grew more obedient. We trotted on both reins and finished on a long rein after thirty five minutes or so. Dad was quite pleased with this effort after two weeks or so off.

I spent the rest of the day grazing and came in at four. Dad reapplied my Sudocrem and was disappointed when I started to kick myself quite hard again. He had so hoped I was breaking this harmful habit. Cobs can be a worry and very frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home