Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Aiming to be "really nice"

Both Dads arrived at 8.30 this morning and brought Dibby and me out of our stables. We were groomed and fitted with travel boots, tail guards and our cooler rugs. I was fetching in blue and Dibby in red. As the rain poured down we set off for Solihull. They tried to keep us dry and went through the arduous task of tacking us up on the lorry - which took forever. By the time they had dressed and put on their best boots, poor old Dad only had twenty minutes or so to warm me up. Not enough!

We went into the arena and gave our Walk and Trot test fairly well and came 3rd out of 4 in the Open section and won a pretty yellow rosette. We also qualified for the walk and trot championship next March. Dibby and Other Dad didn't have a very successful morning with an error of course in Novice 21 and a retirement.

With some relief we returned home for about 12.30 and were put out to graze in our light rain sheets.

We came in at 5.00. Dad had noticed I just turned my back to the drizzle and looked into space rather than eating eagerly like Dibby and Cricket. I stood by the gate and was ready to come in when Dad arrived. I was soon dry and warm in my stable enjoying my tea.

Reviewing the day, I think Dad was reasonably pleased with my performance and manners. We didn't exactly set the world on fire, but I was calm and well-behaved . The judge said I was " a nice horse with nice paces and needed to be in a rounder softer outline".

Apparently, then I "will be really nice". Cobs do "really nice", it appears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home