Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Friday, October 13, 2006

Exceeding expectations



Other Dad put us out to graze early and Dad brought us in at about 4.00. After grooming, Dad tacked me up and took me into the school.

We warmed up on a long rein and did our usual lateral exercises in walk and then worked in trot and in canter. Teacher Steve had been teaching someone else in the other half of the school, but when they had finished we went in there and cantered around on the bit, more or less for the first time.

Dad was pleased because, although my trot and canter might not have been quite textbook, we were in a snaffle and were round for a good part of the time. Although the people in the school were talking to each other with their backs turned and didn't watch me, Dad thought I did very well. He was pleased because we had achieved this on our own and with help from no-one.

I came in and was groomed and put in my stable rug. When I had rested a while Dad gave me an apple, some minties and my tea. Dibby had some minties too.

Some times cobs do like to exceed expectations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home