Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Friday, November 10, 2006

Cobs rule

When Dad arrived at 10.15, I was lying down in my stable and he came in and sat next to me on the straw, had a chat and gave me some minties.

Trying to build on the good work yesterday, we schooled again to music this morning whilst it was bright and dry. We worked in walk with some leg-yield and in trot on a twenty metre circle and going large trying to sustain roundness on the bit. We schooled alongside Dibby for some of the time and then both went out to graze for the afternoon.

We came in at 4.30 or so as it was getting gloomy and before the forecast rain started.

Referring back to my visit from Dad in my stable this morning, I think in the eighteenth century, when royalty received visitors like that, it was called a "levee"; hence the phrase "cobs rule", I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home