Cobmalian

The unspoiled world of senior cobs, David and Master Dibble

Monday, July 03, 2006

Heatwave continues


After a hot and sultry night, Monday morning was even more sunny and warm. Dad took me in the school in my snaffle at 9.30 or so. We worked in walk and trot on roundness and used some trotting poles on both reins. The flies were troublesome again but I was obedient and so Dad was pleased. we finished off by walking around on a long rein when Dibbs and Other Dad came into the school and then went in for a long cool hose-down.

Dad put me out in the fly sheet and I was then joined by Dibby. We stayed out until 4.30. When we saw Dad's car arrive we both walked over to the gate to say "bring us in" which Dad did and tied us up by the stables with haynets whilst he put down our beds. We were groomed and given tea. We both drank lots of water when we went in. Unlike some football fans, however, cobs are no trouble after a good drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home